10 Ways to Have a Ghoulishly Good Time This Halloween
Coming to San Francisco? Whether you're looking for spooky family fun or haunted halloween parties for adults, we’ve got 10 frightful favorites for you to enjoy on Halloween.
Stop in at the San Francisco Visitor Information Center, 900 Market St., on the lower level of Hallidie Plaza for more autumn fun.
- Tactile Dome
This beats the bowl of peeled grapes to simulate eyeballs. At the Exploratorium’s legendary Tactile Dome, visitors are never quite sure what's there as they feel their way through twisting passageways, chutes and rooms, guided only by their sense of touch.
- San Francisco Dungeon
Ever wonder if it's possible to communicate with the spirits of the dead? Do long-gone loved ones watch over you? Do the deceased have important messages to deliver from the afterlife? From Sept. 28 to Nov. 4, the San Francisco Dungeon will host exclusive séances, allowing visitors a glimpse of the spirits lurking beneath Fisherman's Wharf.
- Boo at the Zoo
Leave the rubber masks at home so as not to frighten the animals on Oct. 25 at the San Francisco Zoo. Come dressed up in a Halloween costume and trick-or-treat around the Zoo, stop and see the new Nature Connects LEGO bricks inside the Pachyderm Building, brave the haunted Nature Trail, snap a photo with Casper the Friendly Ghost and check out the popular Pumpkin Stomp & Chomp where the animals get some tasty pumpkin treats from their keepers.
- Underwater Pumpkin Carving
On Oct. 28, 2018, join the Halloween fun at Aquarium of the Bay to celebrate the creepy creatures and freaky fish of the Bay. Participate in fun activities and presentations, including underwater pumpkin carving and squid dissections.
- Halloween Alive After Five Cruise
Join Hornblower Cruises on Oct. 31 for their Halloween Happy Hour Cruise. Come dressed to trick or treat and then jive to spooky tunes. Tasty cocktails, delicious appetizers and stunning views make for a frighteningly good time.
- Monster Bash
This Halloween, have a hauntingly good time aboard the aircraft carrier USS Hornet during its annual Monster Bash on Saturday, Oct. 27. The celebration begins at 7:30 p.m. In addition to music by LEE PRESSON & the NAILS, LOST DOG FOUND and DJ Rockin’ Raul, party-goers will dance the night away. Take a break from the dancing and go on a haunted tour through the Hornet corridors, or see what your future has in store with a psychic reading. For the younger crowd, a magician will perform various tricks. There will also be a children’s costume contest and free pinball machines for all.
- Werewolf, Vampire, and Mummy Party
The creatures come out at night at this Halloween edition of NightLife at the California Academy of Sciences on Oct. 27. Grab your favorite costume and have a ghoulishly good time as you trick-or-treat your way through the Academy at night among eerie animals and spine-tingling specimens!
- Spookville: Halloween Theme Park
On Oct. 26, embark upon a monster-friendly adventure at Westfield San Francisco Centre's Under the Dome. Immerse yourself into a “No Scare” World of Halloween as you explore iconic Halloween-themed areas filled with Instagram-friendly, interactive installations screaming for selfies
- Halloween Hoopla
The 17th annual Halloween Hoopla at Yerba Buena Gardens on Sunday, Oct. 28, 2018, from noon-2 p.m., will feature interactive performances and games for kids under 10 and their adults. The Yerba Buena pumpkin patch will return and the program will culminate in a Halloween costume parade.
- Devilishly Frightful Halloween Parties for Adults
For the 21+ crowd, San Francisco has some of the best halloween parties around. Get your spookiest costume and party on at some of these ghostly events:
- Oct. 10: INTO THE DARK: TERROR VAULT at The San Francisco Mint
- Oct. 19: A Haunting Halloween Tea Party at Gregangelo Museum
- Oct. 26: Haunted Hotel at W San Francisco
- Oct. 26: Audio Halloween w/ Lost Frequencies at Audio SF
- Oct. 26: Halloween Club Crawl along Polk St.
- Oct. 26: Haunted No Tell Motel at Love And Propaganda
- Oct. 26: Deadly Disco at The Midway
- Oct. 27: Mega HALLOWEEN Party at The Westin St. Francis San Francisco on Union Square
- Oct. 27: Halloween Funhouse 2018 at SPiN
- Oct. 27: Halloween Weekend in San Francisco : 'Dusk to Dawn' at The Midway
- Oct. 27: Halloween Booootie SF at DNA Lounge
- Oct. 27: Halloween Massive at King Street Events
- Oct. 27: The Pirates of Barbarossa Halloween at Barbarossa Lounge