Best Area to Stay in San Francisco for Rugby World Cup Sevens
If you're coming to watch the Rugby World Cup Sevens, July 20-22, 2018, and looking to stay near AT&T Park, your best bet is for hotels in the SoMa neighborhood. There are several hotels within walking distance:
- Hotel Via: Maximize your time watching rugby with a stay at Hotel Via, which is located right across the street from where all of the action will be taking place at AT&T Park.
- Courtyard by Marriott San Francisco Downtown: Located less than a mile (1.6 km) from AT&T Park, the Courtyard by Marriott San Francisco Downtown is a great hotel to stay at for watching rugby and seeing the other sights in San Francisco.
- W San Francisco: Stay in the heart of San Francisco at the W San Francisco. This hotel is also located less than a mile (1.3 km) from AT&T Park, making getting to the rugby games easy and convenient.
- Hotel Griffon: Named "Best Boutique Hotel" by San Francisco Magazine, Hotel Griffon has stunning bayfront views, is a block-and-a-half from all the delicious treats at the Ferry Building, and is just one mile (1.7 km) from AT&T Park. You can walk along the water or take the historic F-Line streetcar there.
- St. Regis San Francisco: The St. Regis San Francisco is located in a top-rated area, just steps from Union Square and from AT&T Park. The hotel is located less than one mile (1.3 km) from AT&T Park.
- Hotel Vitale: Overlooking San Francisco's scenic waterfront, Hotel Vitale has an outdoor rooftop terrace and is located steps from the Ferry Building Marketplace. The hotel is located approximately one mile (1.7 km) from AT&T Park. Take a scenic stroll or the historic F-Line streetcar to AT&T park.
- San Francisco Marriott Marquis: Centrally located, the San Francisco Marriott Marquis is just steps from Union Square, BART and Muni lines, making getting around San Francisco easy. The N-Judah or KT-Sunnydale and Bayshore Muni stop is located less than one block from the hotel, making it easy to get to and from AT&T Park.
- King George Hotel: For a boutique experience in bustling Union Square, try the King George Hotel. A newly refurbished lobby and bar will be ready to greet guests before the end of 2017. Walk to the Powell Street Muni stop and catch the KT-Sunnydale or N-Judah to AT&T Park.
- Harbor Court Hotel: Located right on the edge of the San Francisco Bay, the Harbor Court Hotel offers easy access to AT&T Park. The hotel is located approximately one mile (1.7 km) from the rugby action. Take a leisurely stroll along the Embarcadero to the ballpark or take the historic F-Line streetcar for an unforgettable experience.
- InterContinental San Francisco: Located near Union Square, the InterContinental San Francisco offers easy access to Union Square, and the rest of San Francisco. The N-Judah or KT-Sunnydale and Bayshore Muni stop is located approximately one block from the hotel, making it easy to get to and from AT&T Park.
However, if you are planning to come into the city to cheer on your favorite players at a local bar, here are a few worth a visit:
If you can't get into the stadium to watch a game but want to be as close to the action as possible, look to Public House. It is literally inside of AT&T Park. This modern sports pub offers 22 giant televisions (with the largest being an enormous 56-inches), 24 beers on tap and sit-down dining.
Named after New York Giants player, Francis "Lefty" O'Doul, Lefty's is the perfect place to sit and unwind while watching sports on one of their 12 televisions. While there, sports enthusiasts can take a walk down memory lane with one-of-a-kind baseball memorabilia and rare celebrity photos.
Located in the Castro, this fun neighborhood gay sports bar offers "cold pitchers and hot catchers." Order a snack or meal from their bar and root for your favorite players on their many big screen televisions,
Greens Sports Bar
You're guaranteed a view of a television at Greens Sports Bar no matter where you sit or stand. A Russian Hill neighborhood favorite, many come to this bar for the beer selection and camaraderie.
Located across from the former home of the 49ers, Kezar Stadium, Kezar pub is the perfect place for fans to gather to watch a game.
Double Play Bar & Grill
Many flock to Double Play Bar & Grill for the camaraderie during games. Sports history buffs will appreciate the decked out walls of memorabilia, especially the one dedicated to our World Series Champs.
This popular brewpub is a go-to for many fans before, during and after games. Located one block from AT&T ballpark, stop by for the watermelon beer and Totchos (tater tot nachos), and enjoy the lively atmosphere.
Save up to 35% on San Francisco hotels through Booking.com. Find a hotel now.