Associate, Visitor Experience – Seasonal
The Associate, Visitor Experience drives results and enhances the visitors experience by providing exceptional service that supports San Francisco Travel’s mission by acting as an ambassador at our Visitor Information Center. The mission of the San Francisco Travel Association is to enhance the local economy by marketing San Francisco and the Bay Area as the premier destination for conventions, meetings events and leisure travel.
What you will be doing:
- Assist a diverse and international set of visitors in their travel details, providing expert assistance and recommendations in San Francisco restaurants, attractions, tours, and neighborhoods.
- Assess needs by responding to visitor cues and asking questions to arrive at the best recommendation for that individual or group. .
- Educate customers on the benefits of all products carried by the ViC. (City Pass, Muni Passport, Hop on Hop off buses, etc)
- Completes all cashier-required transactions with accuracy and efficiency, selling transportation packages, tour packages, and attraction tickets.
- Assigned as needed to work the City Information Desk at the Moscone Center, assisting business and convention travelers with recommendations for after work activities.
- Work efficiently to assist visitors while maintaining an excellent standard of service
- Assist in necessary duties to present the best possible experience for visitors, maintaining a clean and welcoming environment. (example: restocking brochures, organizing displays, greeting and crowd control, etc)
- Constantly building your knowledge and expertise of the San Francisco experience, completing all provided training and activities to familiarize yourself with the services offered by partners of San Francisco Travel (example: attending attraction tours and open houses, going on half day excursions to popular destinations, keeping up to date on city news and events)
- Compliance with all SF Travel policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated passion for extraordinary customer service.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Retail experience preferred.
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers and store personnel.
- Computer proficiency.
- Fluency in a second (or more) language other than English.
- Excellent knowledge of San Francisco public transportation and neighborhoods.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, which will require weekend shifts.
- Ability to work in an outdoor environment for a full eight hour shift.
- Ability to work in a 100% standing environment.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 20 pounds.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Graduation and partial to full College Degree
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills
- Able to handle cash transactions
- Basic technical skills related to but not limited to computers, tablets, mobile devices, printers/copiers, scanners
If you think you are the right candidate for this position, please provide us with the following:
- Cover letter (no more than a page, telling us why you’re the right person for this role)
- Detailed resume of your relevant experience – note that a resume sent without a creative and functionally informative cover letter will only minimally be considered
- Past salary history and future income requirements and/or goals
Send to: firstname.lastname@example.org (OC-AVE)
To learn more about us, check out our website – www.sftravel.com
San Francisco Volunteer Ambassador
Looking to share your knowledge of San Francisco with others? Love helping others have a wonderful experience? Volunteering at the San Francisco Travel Visitor Information Center may be just what you're looking for. View more information including benefits and volunteer opportunities here.