San Francisco Travel wants your creativity in helping establish San Francisco as the must-not-miss destination for the Holidays.
If you have been wrestling with ladders and donning your creativity hats this holiday season then we want to hear from you. We are holding a competition to discover San Francisco’s best neighborhood holiday lighting. Up to $5,000* in prizes available, with the possibility of exceptional lighting efforts to be featured on San Francisco Travel’s website and promotional channels. So let us know where we can find the best lights in town!
- Competition is open to neighborhood groups (ie: Merchant Associations, Neighborhood Associations, Business Improvement Districts etc.), and individual retail businesses;
- Competition submission period is from November 12, 2014 through December 6, 2014;
- Competition voting period is from December 8, 2014 through December 18, 2014;
- Winner and finalists may be featured on SF Travel’s social media channels and website;
- Voting is open to the public and will be conducted online;
*Neighborhood Merchant Group prize: $2,500 cash and one year SF Travel “Visitor Focus” partnership valued at $750; Individual Business prize: $1,000 cash and one year SF Travel “Visitor Focus” partnership valued at $750;
San Francisco Neighborhood Lights Contest Official Rules
SF Neighborhood Lights Contest (“Contest”) is open to legal residents of the contiguous 48 United States and the District of Columbia who are age 18 years or older at the time of entry. No purchase necessary to enter or win. A purchase will not improve your chances of winning.
Contest begins at 12:01 AM Pacific Time (“PST”) on November 12, 2014 and ends at 11:59 PM PST on December 6, 2014 (“Contest Entry Period”). Contest is sponsored by The San Francisco Travel Association and TBDXX(“Sponsors”), One Front Street, Suite 2900, San Francisco, CA 94111. By participating in the Contest, each entrant (i) agrees to be bound by these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements, and (ii) agrees to be bound by the decisions of Sponsors, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to the contest.
1. HOW IT WORKS: The San Francisco Travel Association is creating an opportunity to showcase neighborhood lights in conjunction with the SF Holiday and Illuminate SF campaigns. Neighborhood groups and organizations who upload via the website are submitting their entries into the contest. Members of the public will be encouraged to use the website to vote for their favorite neighborhood holiday lighting entry. During the Contest Entry Period, “neighborhood groups” (ie: Merchant Associations, Neighborhood Associations, Business Improvement Districts etc.), and “individual retail businesses” (“Entrants”) will submit a competition entry form via the SF Travel website www.XX. Entrants must be located within the boundaries of the City and County of San Francisco. All submissions and images become the sole property of Sponsors and will not be returned. All submissions must be received by 11:59 PM PT on December 6, 2014.
2. ELLIGIBILITY: Contest is for exterior decorations only, including decorations in windows that are visible from the exterior. To keep with the spirit of creating a festive atmosphere for visitors, members of the public should be able to view decorations from outside only. Voting will be conducted by members of the public via the competition website, based on “curb appeal” as viewed from the street.
3. VOTING: Voting will begin at 12:01 AM Pacific Time (PST) on December 8, 2014 and end at 11:59 PM PST on December 18, 2014. Voting will be conducted via the website and will be open to the public.
Participants should share website information and encourage voting.
SPONSOR SELECTION: During the voting period, a panel consisting of San Francisco Travel and XX sponsor representatives (“Judges”) may select submissions that best reflect San Francisco’s unique holiday perspective, for special mention and promotion. Consideration for special mention will include [a] Unique design and creative use of lights and decorations; [b] Consideration of sustainability and environment; [c] Display and placement of decorations, objects etc.; [d] location of neighborhood away from the traditional tourist/hotel centers; [e] San Francisco Travel partner business; and [f] Overall presentation. Selected entries may appear on channels/pages before and after the final date of the competition period.
One Grand Prize will be awarded to one (1) entrant from the “Neighborhood Merchant Group” category:
1. $2,500 cash
2. One year SF Travel “Visitor Focus” partnership valued at $750;
One Prize will be awarded to one (1) entrant from the “Individual Business” category:
1. $1,000 cash
2. One year SF Travel “Visitor Focus” partnership valued at $750;
Maximum Approximate Retail Value(s) (“ARV”) of prizes: $3,250 (neighborhood merchant group); and $1,750 (individual business). Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received. Unless specified herein, all meals, incidentals, gratuities, fees, taxes or any other charges are not included in Prize and are the sole responsibility of the winner. The Sponsor is under no obligation to winner other than to supply all elements of the prize. Blackout periods and certain restrictions may apply.
Sponsors may be required to report any prize with a fair market value of $600 or greater to relevant tax authorities such as the IRS. As stated above, the estimated value of the prizes will be between $1,750 and $3,250. In appropriate cases and as required by law, we will use the information you provide on IRS Form W-9 to issue you a Form 1099-MISC on or before January 31, 2014. The Form 1099-MISC is used to report certain payments of $600 or greater.
Delivery of prizes: All prizes will be delivered to winners via United States Mail service, unless otherwise noted.
Payment of taxes and related expenses: Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes related to the prize(s) and paying any expenses associated with any prize which are not expressly included as part of the prize.
5. COMPLIANCE: All submissions that do not comply with these Official Rules or that otherwise contain prohibited, or inappropriate content deemed unacceptable by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, will be disqualified and will not be published. The Sponsor makes the final determination as to which submissions are eligible to take part in this promotion.
6. LICENSE/OWNERSHIP: Participants agree to have one or more photos of their decorated exterior posted on the San Francisco Travel website and/or used in San Francisco Travel’s promotional materials. Participant agrees there will be no compensation of any kind for said posting or publication. All submissions become the physical property of sponsor and will not be returned. By submitting your submission, you grant to Sponsor, its parent companies and affiliates a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, transferable license to host, copy, distribute, display, publicly perform, to edit and use portions and otherwise exploit your submission and all images, text and materials depicted therein, in whole or in part, in any manner or medium now or hereafter know or devised (including, without limitation, streaming media, film, television, videocassettes, print, interactive devices, mobile media, Internet and on-line systems), throughout the universe and in any and all languages, including, without limitation, the right to display, reproduce, record, perform, exhibit, distribute, copy, edit, change, modify, add to, subtract from, re-title and adapt the same, to combine it with other material and otherwise use and exploit it. Sponsor, and each of their successors, assigns, and licensees, will have the right to make unlimited derivative works therefrom, to assign or transfer any or all such rights and to grant unlimited, multiple-level sublicenses without payment to you by Sponsor or anyone else. You further grant to Sponsor the right to use your name, image, photograph or other picture (still or motion), and/or voice, and other reproductions of your physical likeness as included in or derived from your submission, and you waive all rights known as “moral rights.” Sponsor may exercise all these rights ourselves or through third parties, in any media formats, and via the internet and through other media channels. You represent and warrant to Sponsor that you have the full legal right to grant this license to Sponsor, that you own or control the copyright in your submission, and that your submission does not infringe upon or violate any rights of any person or entity, including the rights of privacy and publicity, or constitute a libel or slander against any person or entity.
7. SUBMISSION CONTENT GUIDELINES: Submissions may not contain, as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, any content that:
- is sexually explicit or suggestive; unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group; or profane; promotes alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing);
- promotes any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous; promotes any particular political agenda or message;
- is obscene or offensive; endorses any form of hate or hate group; appears to duplicate any other submitted submission;
- contains any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses other than for competition location purposes;
- contains copyrighted materials owned by others or any trademarks, names or logos owned by others;
- contains materials embodying the names, voices or other indicia identifying any person, including, without limitation, celebrities and/or other public or private figures, living or dead;
- communicates messages inconsistent with the positive images and/or good will to which Sponsor wishes to associate; and/or violates any law.
8. GENERAL CONDITIONS/CONDUCT: By participating, Users agree to these Official Rules and terms and conditions which are final and binding in all respects. Void wherever prohibited or restricted by law. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification. If for any reason the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including without limitation infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, inadequate number of entries, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion to cancel, modify or terminate the Promotion. Further, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual deemed to be (a) tampering or attempting to tamper with the selection process or the operation of the Promotion; (b) violating the Official Rules; (c) violating the terms of service, conditions of use and/or general rules or guidelines of any property or service, or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. This promotion is offered only in the United States and is governed by the laws of the state of California. Caution: Any Attempt By A User Or Entrant Or Any Other Individual To Deliberately Damage Any Website Or Undermine The Legitimate Operation Of The Promotion Is A Violation Of Criminal And Civil Laws And Should Such An Attempt Be Made, Sponsors Reserve The Right To Seek Damages And Costs (Including Without Limitation, Attorneys Fees) From Any Such Person To The Fullest Extent Permitted By Law. Employees of the Sponsors and their parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to enter. Subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited by law.
9. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Sponsors assume no responsibility or liability for (a) any incorrect or inaccurate Submission information, or for any faulty, failed, garbled or jumbled electronic data transmissions; (b) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of Submissions at any point in the operation of this promotion; (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of the promotion; (d) inaccessibility or unavailability of the internet or any of the website or any combination thereof, or; (e) any injury or damage to Users or to any other person’s computer which may be related to or resulting from any attempt to participate in the Promotion or download of any materials in the Promotion. All users agree to release the Sponsors and Promotion Parties from any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages, or losses to persons and property which may be sustained in connection with their participation in the Promotion.