What speaks 14 languages and always has the scoop on what’s happening in San Francisco? The answer is the Visitor Information Center (ViC). The San Francisco Travel ViCs are the city’s official “front desks," serving 400,000 visitors annually. VIC staff and volunteers curate the San Francisco experience, providing one-on-one interaction with visitors from around the world.
Some of the languages spoken on any given day include:
Products Sold: CityPASS, Muni 1-, 3- and 7-Day Passports, Cable Car tickets, Explorer Pass, Muni maps, Hop-on-Hop-off bus tickets,
Information Desk Services: City Tours, Wine Country Tours, Yosemite Tours, Attraction tickets. Maps, Guides, Tours, Hotel & Restaurant Reservations, Public Transit Tips & Passes, Trip Planning
SF City Gifts:
In partnership with SFMade and a select group of certified local manufacturers, San Francisco Travel Association presents products that are as unique and interesting as the city itself, hand-selected for the visitors that love the city as much as we do.
San Francisco Visitor Information Center Locations:
900 Market St; Hallidie Plaza, Lower Level
May through October
9 a.m.–5 p.m. (Monday–Friday)
9 a.m.–3 p.m. (Weekends and Holidays)
November–April: Closed Sundays
Closed Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s Day; weekend hours in effect for other major holidays.
170 O’Farrell St; Macy’s Union Square, Cellar Level
10 a.m.–9 p.m. (Monday-Saturday)
11 a.m.–7 p.m. (Sunday)
Expanded hours seasonally and on certain sale days.
Order a visitors guide to help plan your trip to San Francisco.
For attractions, tours, hotel and car reservations please call toll free 1-800-637-5196 or visit our home page to purchase online.
Check us out on TripAdivsor
San Francisco Volunteer Ambassador
Looking to share your knowledge of San Francisco with others? Love helping others have a wonderful experience? Volunteering at the San Francisco Travel Visitor Information Center may be just what you're looking for. View more information including benefits and volunteer opportunities here.
Bay Area Visitor Bureaus and Visitor Information Centers
- Calaveras Visitors Bureau
- California's Redwood Coast
- Carmel Chamber of Commerce & Visitor Center
- Chinese Chamber of Commerce
- Fisherman's Wharf Community Benefit District
- Fisherman's Wharf Merchants Association
- Golden Gate Business Association
- Golden Gate Restaurant Association
- Haight-Ashbury Merchants Association
- Half Moon Bay Hotel BID
- Hotel Council of San Francisco
- Japantown Merchants Association of San Francisco
- Marin Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Market Street Association
- Merchants of Upper Market & Castro (MUMC)
- Mission Merchants Association
- Monterey County Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Napa Valley Vintners
- Napa Valley Welcome Center
- North Beach Business Association
- Petaluma Visitors Center
- Receptive Services Association of America
- San Francisco Chamber of Commerce
- San Francisco Concierge Association
- San Mateo County - Silicon Valley Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Santa Cruz County Conference & Visitors Council
- Sausalito Chamber of Commerce
- Shasta Cascade/Redding Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Sonoma County Tourism Bureau
- Sonoma Valley Visitors Bureau
- Tri-Valley Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Team San Jose
- Tuolumne County Visitors Bureau/Yosemite North
- Union Square Business Improvement District
- Union Street Association, Inc.
- Vallejo Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Visit Berkeley
- Visit Mendocino County, Inc.
- Visit Napa Valley
- Visit Oakland
- Yerba Buena Alliance
- Yerba Buena Community Benefit District
- Yolo County Visitors Bureau
- Yosemite/Mariposa County Tourism Bureau
- Yountville Chamber of Commerce