San Francisco is a popular destination for meetings and conventions—and rightfully so! With our steady weather, unbeatable food, breathtaking scenery, and vibrant culture, your attendees will never run out of things to do.
We know hotels are always top of mind for planners, whether they are looking for rooms to book for their attendees or spaces to hold events. Be sure to bookmark this page, where we'll provide regular updates about the hotel openings and renovations that all planners should know.
Don't forget: San Francisco Travel can connect you with hotels all over the Bay Area. Contact our Convention Sales team for more information.
AC Hotel San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront (1333 Veterans Blvd., South San Francisco)
Oyster Point overlooks San Francisco Bay. The nearby San Francisco Bay Trail offers a number of recreational opportunities, including running, biking, and walking. The property is five minutes from San Francisco International Airport via a free shuttle and is 20 minutes from San Francisco's Union Square.
The AC Hotel San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront features:
- 187 rooms and suites.
- Over 8,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor space, including a ballroom that, at 2,675 square feet, can accommodate 250 people reception-style or 200 people theater-style.
Hotel VIA (138 King St.)
This new boutique hotel is located in the SoMa neighborhood, across the street from AT&T Park.
The Hotel VIA features:
- 138 rooms.
- The Rooftop at VIA is a combination indoor/outdoor space that boasts spectacular views of the San Francisco skyline, the Bay Bridge, and the ballpark. Roughly 3,000 square feet, the Rooftop has a capacity of 250 people.
The Lodge at the Presidio (105 Montgomery St. in the Presidio)
The Lodge at the Presidio is now the closest you can get to staying on the Golden Gate Bridge! Situated on the main campus of one of San Francisco's oldest and most historic parks, The Lodge is a former U.S. Army barracks from the late 1800s that has been beautifully restored and turned into a luxury boutique hotel. Its small size and secluded setting makes it perfect for board retreats or leadership meetings.
The Lodge at the Presidio features:
- 42 rooms with stunning views of the Golden Gate Bridge and San Francisco Bay.
- A sister property, The Inn at the Presidio, has an additional 26 rooms.
- A number of neighboring Presidio venues within walking distance are perfect for meetings and receptions.
The San Francisco Proper Hotel (1100 Market St.)
San Francisco's historic Flatiron Building in the Central Market neighborhood is close to tech titans such as Twitter, Spotify, Square and Uber. Now it's home to another trendsetter: The San Francisco Proper Hotel. Like so many things in San Francisco, the interior design of the hotel joins the warmth of the old with the vibrancy of the new.
The San Francisco Proper Hotel features:
- 131 rooms.
- Two meeting rooms—a 700-square-foot space that fits 75 people, as well as a 12-person boardroom—and a number of traditional and non-traditional spaces.
- A rooftop terrace with a mix of indoor and outdoor space. A full buy-out can accommodate up to 200 people.
- The hotel restaurant, Villon, has a private dining room that can accommodate up to 14 people.
Virgin Hotels combine heartfelt service, straightforward value, and a seamless, personalized hotel experience with a track record of innovation and smart disruption. Scheduled to open in the fall of 2018 in SoMa, this is only the second Virgin Hotel to open in the U.S.
The Virgin Hotel will feature:
- 192 rooms and two penthouse suites.
- 4,000 square feet of meeting space, including The Manor (1,729 square feet) and The Terrace Lounge.
- The Commons Club, the hotel's flagship restaurant, bar and lounge, that can be made available for buyouts.
- An indoor/outdoor rooftop bar and lounge available for buyouts, with a capacity for up to 250 people.
Yotel San Francisco
This will be the first West Coast hotel by Yotel. Located in Central Market, this hotel will have large open areas specifically designed for co-working, social gatherings, and relaxing.
Yotel San Francisco will feature:
- 203 rooms.
- Unique amenities, such as heated towel racks, monsoon showers, and keyless room entry.
- The Club Lounge will have co-working spaces and private phone booths.
- Food and beverage outlets include Alta Restaurant, by Michelin Star-winning chef Daniel Patterson, and a rooftop terrace with 360-degree views of San Francisco.