Director, Sponsor and Member Services
The Director, Sponsor and Member Services will lead the sponsor fulfillment and member services team. The individual will be responsible for developing and executing strategy for increased engagement, renewal, and private revenue from San Francisco Travel sponsors and members. She or he must develop and lead a team to perform at the highest levels; establishing and building relationships with top sponsors and members.
The mission of the San Francisco Travel Association is to enhance the local economy by marketing San Francisco and the Bay Area as the premier destination for conventions, meetings events and leisure travel. We are the economic engine for the city, and travel is our fuel. The Partnership department is tasked with developing new opportunities for our more than 1,200 sponsors and members, helping them reach their fullest potential within San Francisco's tourism industry, or everything in between.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Sponsor/Member Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and execute campaigns to activate and fulfill sponsor agreements
- Produce timely and accurate fulfillment reports for sponsors
- Maintain constant communication with sponsors via phone, email, and in-person meetings
- Collaborate with the VP, Global Partnerships and Director, Sponsor and Member Sales to renew sponsor agreements and cultivate additional sponsor opportunities
- Liaise with key staff to assure companywide buy-in and fulfillment of sponsor agreements, including participation within communication and content meetings
Leadership/Management Duties and Responsibilities
- Management, support, and development of two staff responsible for sponsor and member engagement
- Develop direction and execution strategy for successful renewal of member and sponsor agreements
- Evolve member service and communication plan to maximize engagement and renewal revenue
- Establish goals and report on individual and team performance to VP, Global Memberships
- Participate in Sponsorship Steering Committee meetings to provide updates on fulfilment, renewal conversations, and develop new assets
- Coordinate with IT and Web teams to develop new opportunities to track deliverables and report out ROI to sponsors and members
- Budget development and management for sponsor and member services team
- Manage and submit expenses and approval of direct report expenses
- Additional duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- 7+ years’ experience in sponsor, member, or client sales and/or services, media/advertising background preferred
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate relationships with C-Level clients and negotiate sponsorship agreements
- Familiarity with the Destination Marketing Organization industry
- Expertise with basic Microsoft Office applications
- Proficient in Salesforce CRM system and its capabilities to actively track and report on sponsor and member deliverables, activations, and ROI
- Ability to interface effectively with various levels of Association, including executives, board members, and staff in a professional office environment
- Be capable of establishing and building relationships with top sponsors and members
- Develop and lead a team to perform at the highest levels
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work non-traditional hours as necessary
- Ability to handle multiple priorities with organization and efficiency, and have a sense of urgency in completing tasks
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Operates computer and other office equipment. Domestic and/or international travel may be required. Occasional evening and weekend work. Workweek may occasionally exceed 37.5 hours. May be required to lift up to 50 lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The work environment is a business office with computers, telephones and printers operating.
To apply please e-mail your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org