The mission of SF Travel is to enhance the local economy by marketing SF as the premier destination for conventions, meetings events.
The mission of the San Francisco Travel Association is to enhance the local economy by marketing San Francisco and the Bay Area as the premier destination for conventions, meetings events and leisure travel. We are the economic engine for the city, and travel is our fuel.
Current Staff Openings:
Travel Media Sales & Marketing Executive
San Francisco Travel partners with Miles Partnership to produce our print and digital content assets. We are looking for a Travel Media Sales & Marketing Executive to be responsible for in-market sales, accomplished by servicing and building an existing advertiser base of hotels, restaurants, resorts, attractions, and other tourism, meetings and convention, and international travel trade-related businesses.
This person must be based in-market in the San Francisco Bay Area, possess at least three years of relevant sales experience, and demonstrate knowledge selling print and/or digital advertising.
While technically a Miles employee, this person would work closely and often with the San Francisco Travel team.
Compensation for this role is in the $50,000 to $60,000 range, plus commission.
More details about responsibilities, requirements, and benefits can be found here.
Director, Citywide – Medical/Health Association
The mission of the San Francisco Travel Association is to enhance the local economy by marketing San Francisco and the Bay Area as the premier destination for conventions, meetings events and leisure travel. We are the economic engine for the city, and travel is our fuel – it is solely our unique point of view as the city’s travel expert that allows us to see the entire destination rather than industry-by-industry.
Director, Citywide Group/Conventions, based in San Francisco, CA, acts as a representative of San Francisco and an extension of the San Francisco Travel Association’s sales force. Converts citywide leads to bookings for member hotels and Moscone Convention Center. Works closely with in-market sales staff to maintain on-the-spot and timely contact with citywide customers booking health and medical association business.
What you will be doing:
- Primary sales responsibility is business development of new citywide leads for Moscone Convention Center.
- Convert new citywide leads to bookings – including qualifying the business, finding dates, blocking space, and issuing the RFP - and maintain production at or around (no less than 80%) predetermined levels/goals.
- Organize and participate in sites, face-to-face appointments, presentations, trade shows, and client events for accounts within the Health/Medical Association Market
- Sales activities would include the interaction with meeting planners both in traditional, digital and social media correspondence, telephone solicitation, destination sites and as needed in various industry trade shows and conferences.
- Be an active member of market related organizations.
- Carry out periodic assignments of special promotional activities.
- Interface with hotels, Moscone Center and other destination marketing organization (DMO) members to facilitate efficient and thorough follow up based on leads generated by in-market sales members.
- Arrange and accompany clients, when appropriate, for site inspections in San Francisco
- Participate in and attend San Francisco Travel Association sponsored events.
- Track and report personal sales results.
- Maintain records of all client contact, traces and account management in sales platform system.
- Document all pertinent file activity electronically and in hard copy file as necessary.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Attributes and Qualifications:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Self-motivated individual with proven record of sales ability.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Quick learner of Salesforce CRM system, and daily use of it in an efficient manner in the management of sales accounts.
- Ability to communicate and work well with others in a professional manner.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Education and/or training equivalent to college graduate, preferably with a degree in business administration plus five years of experience in the hotel or convention industry directly related to citywide group sales.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally.
- Minimal lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling associated with trade show booth participation.
- Occasional evening and weekend work
Compensation: This is a level 22 – 24 pay grade for San Francisco Travel, depending on experience. The total compensation range including base salary, incentive/bonus, and benefits is $130,000 to $190,000.
If you think you are the right candidate for this position, please provide us with the following:
- Cover letter (no more than a page, telling us why you’re the right person for this role). This is a very important step in the application process, so please take time to answer thoughtfully and thoroughly.
- Detailed resume of your relevant experience – note that a resume sent without a creative and functionally informative cover letter will only minimally be considered.
- Future income requirements and/or goals
Send to: [email protected]
Current Volunteer Openings:
San Francisco Volunteer Ambassador
The San Francisco Visitor Information Center is temporarily closed.
Current Internship Openings:
San Francisco Travel will be accepting internship applications for 2024 in December 2023. We support undergraduate students enrolled in Bay Area universities and colleges in Hospitality Programs. Please contact Paul Frentsos at [email protected] if interested in learning more about our internship opportunities.