Manager, Business Applications Support
Manager, Business Applications Support
The Manager, Business Applications Support will play a critical role in the organization by translating business requirements and business data into meaningful reports and dashboards, Salesforce automation and web application improvements. Candidates should have a passion for administering and maintaining data & systems, learning new software and services, producing accurate and concise reports and understanding cross-organizational integrations.
He or she should also have strong customer-focus skills, both internally and externally. The ideal person for this position is highly detail-oriented and enjoys working with data, troubleshooting technical issues, general problem solving, working collaboratively and the has the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously. He or she should possess excellent communications skills and technical writing skills, as this person will work closely with both technical and non-technical users.
- Manage scheduled and ad-hoc reporting needs
- Data analysis skills in Excel, SQL, PowerBI or other analytical platforms
- Update information on Salesforce application(s) / platform (s)
- Manage integrated data platforms or applications such as Eventbrite, booking.com, ARES CVENT, MapBox Mapping Solution, SFTravel Partner Portal, custom web applications and other business applications.
- Act as a liaison / aid / support for Salesforce application (s) / platform (s)
- Address user inquires in referenced to data and / or application issues
- Proactively work to resolve issues and manage scope, escalate when necessary
- Communicate system and procedural changes to user through excellent written and oral communication
- Provide education and training to new and current team members in order to advance the ability of our user community
- Communicate and reinforce standard business process concepts and methodology
- Recommend system or process enhancements
- Support and enhance the organization’s Salesforce instance and future business operation technologies
- Assist with project/program management, including project plans, documentation, stakeholder communications
- Encourage adoption of new functionality by deploying training and documentation
- Communicate and document new features, enhancements, and changes
- Develop recommendations and provide insights based on analytical findings
- Assist as a primary point of contact for Salesforce and reporting-related questions
- Partner with Operations and IT team to develop and automate business reporting and dashboards
- Ensure appropriate performance metrics are in place and are supported with analysis and exception based reporting
- Analyze data for quality assurance, inconsistencies, exceptions and communicate both internally and externally
- Support team members on other projects as needed; other duties may be assigned
- Requires interpersonal skills in order to work with both technical and non-technical personnel at various levels in the organization
- Ability to communicate with appropriate diplomacy and sensitivity in both internal and external relations
- Ability to communicate information in a clear and concise manner
- Promote a positive culture of collegiality, accountability and continuous improvement
- Desire to learn and grow—to continually be researching new concepts and proactively suggesting/developing innovative solutions to business problems, i.e., looking for ways to reduce costs and enhance productivity
- Ability to multi-task across projects through effective planning, prioritization, communication and time-management
- The self-discipline, self-motivation and related skills required to work both independently and in a team
- Positive energy
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability desired. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science or equivalent formal training and experience
- 2+ years of experience working in a technical or similar role, directly supporting internal clients
- Salesforce application/platform experience as a user
- Proficency in Excel, especially connecting to data sources
- Experience with report building tools
- Salesforce Application Administration and/or Configuration
- SQL Server Management Studio
- Jitterbit or other ETL tool
- QA or similar testing experience
- Previous work experience in DMO or CVB market
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work week will occasionally exceed 37 1/2 hours. Must be able to work weekends and holidays and to be able to lift 30 lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The work environment is an office open to the public with operating computers, telephones, and multifunction devices.
Please e-mail a cover letter and job description as attachments to: [email protected]