Manager, Visitor Experience
The mission of the San Francisco Travel Association is to enhance the local economy by marketing San Francisco and the Bay Area as the premier destination for conventions, meetings events and leisure travel. We are the economic engine for the city, and travel is our fuel – it is solely our unique point of view as the city’s travel expert that allows us to see the entire destination rather than industry-by-industry.
As the Manager, Visitor Experience; you’re the essence of a customer’s experience anywhere you interact with a visitor. You enrich people’s lives through meaningful dialogue about the coolest place on earth, San Francisco. You build a team of San Francisco experts who are knowledgeable of the great things to do and see in this great city. And you thrill customers by consistently finding ways to make their visit to the city better than ever. You represent the visitor in all business considerations and motivate the team to do the same.
The things you’ll do:
- Staffing and managing of our Flagship Visitor Information Center (ViC) at the Moscone Convention Center, Satellite Info Kiosks and Street Teams, and other visitor-focused activations as needed.
- Developing and monitoring key performance indicators, maximizing sales for partner services as well as a retail operation.
- Monitor sales trends closely to maximize revenue in all sales channels. Determine price points, discounting strategies, display plans, and sales trends.
- Ensures availability of merchandise and services by approving contracts; maintaining inventories.
- Secures merchandise by implementing security systems and measures, and inventory procedures.
- Responsible for the effectively maintaining up to date procedure and policy manuals, with a process for ensuring communication of expectations.
- Provide leadership in a service culture that ensures the visitor is the focus of all activities.
- Demonstrate exemplary personal customer service and selling skills.
- Responsible for the training and maintenance of cash handling procedures with the expectation that all accounts will be kept neat and accurate.
- Embrace company driven promotional and marketing campaigns that support the brand.
- Effectively develop project goals, timelines, implementation plans, provide feedback at key milestones to the project owner, and execute roll out. Maintain a 360 degree process that accounts for evaluation of success using quantitative and qualitative data.
- Must be flexible and able to respond to rapid changes and varying expectations, providing leadership to the team in high pressure situations that require an immediate response.
- Develop the Visitor Experience staff, working to identify areas for professional growth and creating an environment which allows for continued enrichment. Manage a continuing education and enrichment program that rewards success and integrates ViC expertise with the organization.
- Actively engage in performance management, working collaboratively with the employee to ensure success and alignment on expectations. Ensure that supervisory support roles have the tools to provide routine coaching.
- Ability to analyze reported feedback and create actionable plans for improvement. Must have a strong ability to observe and interact with staff, volunteers, and visitors to identify needs and opportunities.
- 1-3 years of retail supervisory experience, or equivalent experience.
- 1-3 years managing a sales incentive program
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to deal with many different types of individuals from diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to develop and train others.
- Ability to lead a team.
- Excellent delegation and follow-up skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Demonstrated project management and process creation skills.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication.
- Understands and is comfortable using different communication channels like social media.
- Excellent command of Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook.
- Demonstrated business comprehension.
- Associate’s Degree in Business, Hospitality or other related field (Bachelor’s Degree preferred)
- Fluency in a second (or more) language other than English os a plus, but not required.
- Excellent knowledge of San Francisco.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, including weekend shifts.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work week will occasionally exceed 37 ½ hours. Must be able to work weekends, holidays, to travel to various sites around the city and to be able to lift 30 lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The work environment is an office open to public with computers, telephones, and printers operating.
Please e-mail your cover letter and resume as attachments to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org