San Francisco Travel Internship Opportunities
Looking for an Internship?
Do you love San Francisco? Are you interested in the tourism industry? Have you heard about a destination marketing organization in class, but still aren’t quite sure what they are?
As a San Francisco Travel Association Intern, you will have the opportunity to:
- Work closely with a dedicated supervisor doing meaningful project work in your area of interest.
- Network with more than 1,300 partner businesses (and have fun in the process.)
- Participate in our “all hands on deck” industry events.
- Learn best practices from real business use-cases to manage records and data to drive business results (e.g. Salesforce, Excel, etc.).
- Participate in a shadow day in each company department: Convention Services & Sales, Tourism, Marketing, Partnership, and Operations & IT.
- Experience popular tourist attractions and events made available to San Francisco Travel employees for promotional opportunities.
About San Francisco Travel
For more than 100 years, the San Francisco Travel Association has worked on behalf of its partners to promote San Francisco as the destination of choice for conventions and leisure travel. San Francisco Travel continues that mission today, aggressively marketing and selling San Francisco to attract visitors. As the official destination marketing organization for the city of San Francisco, we touch every aspect of the tourism industry in our city. While we cannot promise employment as a result of your internship, past interns are found in our ranks as well as with our key business partners.
Qualifications for SF Travel Internships:
- Open to junior and senior students currently enrolled in a Bay Area university or college. MYSF certification a plus.
- Flexible schedule, depending on internship requirements and goals. The minimum part-time commitment is 160 hours in one semester to earn a $575 stipend.
- Interns must be available for a one-time all-day Orientation. Spring 2020 - Thursday, February 6, 2020.
- Ability to problem solve and stay calm under pressure.
- Superb written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated passion for hospitality, tourism, meetings, events, and destination marketing.
- Must be ready to jump in and network with and/or host our partners.
View our Internship Opportunities postings here:
- Marketing (Spring 2020)
- Convention Services (Spring 2020)
- Visitor Experience & MYSF Events (Spring 2020)
- Partnership Events (Spring 2020)
- Tourism (Spring 2020)
- Design, Marketing (Spring 2020)
- Partnership Services (Coming Soon)
We are now accepting applications for our Spring 2020 internships, we appreciate your early application for our consideration.
- Please send your resume and cover letter to the following e-mail account to be routed to the internship hiring committee.
- Please indicate in your cover letter which internships you are interested in applying for - you may indicate multiple in one application.
- Include date you are available to start, and your availability to be in-office weekly if it is known at the time of application.
- Applications are due by no later than January 21, 2020, to start by the required Orientation date of Thursday; February 6, 2020.
Please e-mail your application documents to: [email protected]
Student Volunteer Opportunity: PCMA CL2020 (January 5 - 8, 2020)
As students in the exciting industry of hospitality, you are being called on to be a volunteer for one of the premier meeting planners’ conferences, Professional Convention Management Association Convening Leaders 2020 (PCMA CL2020) which takes place January 5-8, 2020. For more information, https://www.sftravel.com/pcma2020
Please click the link below to register as a volunteer.
- REMEMBER the password you entered. You will need it to log in when shifts are available.
- Do NOT forward this link to anyone unless they are a student. This is a GROUP link for students ONLY. If you need a registration link for anyone who is not a student, please reach out directly and we will send you a link ([email protected]).
- Shifts will be available for your choosing later in November.
- Dates of the shifts will be January 4-8.
Completing this registration form is the first step. You will receive follow up emails when shifts are available. For our student volunteers, we recommend that you sign up for shifts that are labelled: hospitality, directional, or hand out + show dailies.