San Francisco Travel Internship Opportunities
Looking for an Internship?
Do you love San Francisco? Are you interested in the tourism industry? Have you heard about a destination marketing organization in class, but still aren’t quite sure what they are?
As a San Francisco Travel Association Intern, you will have the opportunity to:
- Work closely with a dedicated supervisor doing meaningful project work in your area of interest.
- Network with more than 1,300 partner businesses (and have fun in the process.)
- Participate in our “all hands on deck” industry events.
- Learn best practices from real business use-cases to manage records and data to drive business results (e.g. Salesforce, Excel, etc.).
- Participate in a shadow day in each company department: Convention Services & Sales, Tourism, Marketing, Partnership, and Operations & IT.
- Experience popular tourist attractions and events made available to San Francisco Travel employees for promotional opportunities.
About San Francisco Travel
For more than 100 years, the San Francisco Travel Association has worked on behalf of its partners to promote San Francisco as the destination of choice for conventions and leisure travel. San Francisco Travel continues that mission today, aggressively marketing and selling San Francisco to attract visitors. As the official destination marketing organization for the city of San Francisco, we touch every aspect of the tourism industry in our city. While we cannot promise employment as a result of your internship, past interns are found in our ranks as well as with our key business partners.
Qualifications for SF Travel Internships:
- Open to junior and senior students currently enrolled in a Bay Area university or college. MYSF certification a plus.
- Flexible schedule, depending on internship requirements and goals. The minimum part-time commitment is 160 hours in one semester to earn a $575 stipend.
- Interns must be available for a one-time all-day Orientation. Spring 2020 - Thursday, February 6, 2020.
- Ability to problem solve and stay calm under pressure.
- Superb written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated passion for hospitality, tourism, meetings, events, and destination marketing.
- Must be ready to jump in and network with and/or host our partners.
View our Internship Opportunities postings here:
- Marketing (Spring 2020): Filled
- Convention Services (Spring 2020): Not accepting applicants
- Visitor Experience & MYSF Events (Spring 2020): Filled
- Partnership Events (Spring 2020): Filled
- Tourism (Spring 2020): Filled
- Design, Marketing (Spring 2020):Filled
- Partnership Services (Coming Soon)
Please note that our application process for Spring 2020 internships officially closed on January 21, 2020. All confirmed positions have been filled at this time, however you may apply in the interim for consideration should our need for intern support increase, or for Summer 2020. For our internship hope list, please e-mail your resume and cover letter to: [email protected]
Thank you for your interest, and please consider volunteering with SF Travel at our Visitor Information Center as an alternative.
Job descriptions and instructions for Summer 2020 internships willl not be posted until March, 2020.