San Francisco Travel Internship Opportunities
We're Taking a Break
At this time, the San Francisco Travel Association internship program is on pause. If we are able to resume accepting students from Bay Area schools in need of a hospitality or tourism internship to meet their graduation requirements, we will update this page in Fall 2020 with information on how to apply for Spring 2021 internships.
About San Francisco Travel
For more than 100 years, the San Francisco Travel Association has worked on behalf of its partners to promote San Francisco as the destination of choice for conventions and leisure travel. San Francisco Travel continues that mission today, aggressively marketing and selling San Francisco to attract visitors. As the official destination marketing organization for the city of San Francisco, we touch every aspect of the tourism industry in our city. While we cannot promise employment as a result of your internship, past interns are found in our ranks as well as with our key business partners.
Qualifications for SF Travel Internships: Spring 2021
- Spring Internships start in late January, and continue through early May. Dates are determined by student availability.
- Open to junior and senior students currently enrolled in a Bay Area university or college. MYSF certification a plus.
- Flexible schedule, depending on internship requirements and goals. The minimum part-time commitment is 160 hours in one semester to earn a $575 stipend.
- Interns must be available for a one-time all-day Orientation, on the first Thursday of the month.
- Ability to problem solve and stay calm under pressure.
- Superb written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated passion for hospitality, tourism, meetings, events, and destination marketing.
- Must be ready to jump in and network with and/or host our partners.by