Moscone Center Update
The following list includes a comprehensive update on the initiatives that the Moscone Center team have already undertaken to help ensure a safe and healthy environment in anticipation of re-opening Moscone Center for convention business:
- Moscone has earned the highley coveted Global Biorisk Advisory Counci's 20 Star accreditation for the post-COVID protocols that were implemented in early March to ensure the highest levels of safety, security and consumer confidence.
- We have also implemented protocols and practices outlined in ASM Global’s proprietary VenueShield program, which addresses not only the environmental hygiene aspect of protecting the health and safety of the workforce and guests, but also the customer journey from arrival to departure, the evolving food and beverage service, the technology and equipment necessary to manage a post-COVID environment. All these steps we’ve undertaken lead to the public awareness component, which is vital to assuring clients, attendees and guests that Moscone Center personnel are fully trained and certified to provide a safe and healthy environment in which to conduct meetings and conventions.
- We have fully implemented all requirements from the health order published by the City of San Francisco on August 12.
- We continue to participate in San Francisco’s “large venue working group” which includes Oracle Park, Chase Center and most all of the Bay Area’s major entertainment venues to share best practices and re-opening strategies and experiences.
- We also meet regularly with the Freeman Company senior leadership, a preeminent general services convention contractor, along with a contingent of convention centers that includes Los Angeles, Long Beach, San Diego, Las Vegas/Reno, Orlando, Nashville, Chicago, Philadelphia, Detroit, New York, Miami and others in an effort to develop and share those opening strategies and protocols around safety and health.
As we find ourselves gradually, carefully, and gratefully emerging from the industry effects of the pandemic, we stand well informed and well prepared to assist our clients in their unique planning responsibilities during this period of transition to what will be the new normal.
We continue to remain fully committed to the safety protocols and practices that have been developed over the last several months and continue to be informed by the GBAC Star initiatives as well as ASM Global’s own VenueShield practices.
We have cautiously and judiciously resumed posting events to our site, fully aware that in some cases the decision for groups to move forward is often confirmed a few short months, or even weeks, prior to their event dates. It is our suggestion that you visit the group’s website for what could be more current information than is posted here.
-The Moscone Center Team-