Associate, Convention Sales
The Associate, Convention Sales provides intensive administrative support to three Convention Sales Managers and contributes as part of a team with ultimate responsibility to the Division. The individual must be capable of working with others, taking direction, prioritizing and exhibiting flexibility when divisional projects take precedence over daily workload.
The mission of the San Francisco Travel Association is to enhance the local economy by marketing San Francisco and the Bay Area as the premier destination for conventions, meetings events and leisure travel. We are the economic engine for the city, and travel is our fuel – it is solely our unique point of view as the city’s travel expert that allows us to see the entire destination rather than industry-by-industry.
We are seeking an energetic, detail-oriented, and highly organized Associate, Convention Sales, supporting the assigned Sales Managers, to join our dynamic organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Salesforce data entry to include creating accounts and contacts, sales leads, bookings, lost business report; purchase orders, work orders, expense reports, letters, and check requests.
- Primary phone coverage for sales managers and secondary coverage for division. Coordinate and produce itineraries for site visits as needed.
- Maintain files for sales managers, route copies of work to appropriate staff, develop general files for new accounts.
- Distribute division mail as assigned. Open mail for sales managers.
- E-mail sales leads and revisions and follows up as necessary with hotels for responses.
- Assist in collection and follow up of hotel proposals and preparation of SF Travel city proposals to present to associations/corporations to bid on future conventions
- Assist Convention Services with pre-promotion for future conventions when necessary
- Log and maintain all gifts and gift bag giveaways
- Provide back-up to staff in San Francisco booths during tradeshows/conventions. Some travel may be involved.
- Assist and participate in client sales calls and/or presentations
- Assist with planning and executing client events
- Assist with any special projects and/or reports needed for the assigned Convention Sales Managers
- Assist in the planning and executing of site visits
- Monitor the assigned inventory of brochures, supplies, and promotional items. Process orders for promotional materials and supplies as needed.
- Manage mailings and gifts, including tracking and wrapping
- Assist with servicing the needs of meeting planners and provide suggestions when appropriate which involves knowledge of San Francisco and partners.
- Assist division sales assistants as needed.
- Participate in and attend SF Travel sponsored partner events.
- Assist Managers with Client Communication Support
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- At least 2 years of related experience in secretarial and administrative duties;
- Education and/or training equivalent to high school graduate;
- Experience in the hospitality/meeting planning industry preferred;
- Proficiency with basic Microsoft Office applications;
- Salesforce CRM experience preferred;
- Must possess good oral/written communication skills;
- Ability to interface effectively with various levels of Association and partner staff in a professional office environment;
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and projects with organization and efficiency, and have a sense of urgency in completing tasks.
Education and/or Experience
Education and/or training equivalent to high school graduate with two years related experience in secretarial and administrative duties. College graduate with a degree in business administration and/or hospitality management a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Operates computer and other office equipment. Domestic travel may be required. Occasional evening and weekend work. Workweek may occasionally exceed 37.5 hours. May be required to lift up to 50 lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The work environment is a business office with computers, telephones and printers operating.
Please e-mail the requested information as attachments to: [email protected]