Best Areas to Stay in San Francisco for Fourth of July Celebrations
If you're looking to stay in The City by the Bay for a long Fourth of July weekend, you will want to book your hotel room in advance to take advantage of great prices. Save up to 35% on San Francisco hotels with Booking.com.
The best area to stay if you're looking to watch the evening sky sparkle red, white and blue: Fisherman's Wharf
The big event for the long weekend will be the fireworks spectacular. San Francisco's many hills offer fantastic vantage points, but the biggest crowds will gather at sea level at Aquatic Park in Fisherman's Wharf and PIER 39 to watch the show. If you're looking for comfort and warmth (summer can be brisk here), you can watch the sparks fly from your room at one of these hotels.
- Argonaut Hotel: Located steps from the beach and offers beautiful views across the San Francisco Bay.
- The Fairmont Heritage Place Ghirardelli Square: Enjoy the fireworks from atop Ghirardelli Square in luxury.
- Loews Regency San Francisco: Located in the Financial District, this hotel features stunning views of San Francisco.
- InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco: Stay at this historic hotel with beautiful views of San Francisco and the Golden Gate Bridge. Enjoy cocktails while you watch the fireworks on the 19th floor at the Top of the Mark.
The best area to stay if you want to sail the open seas: Embarcadero
Looking to beat the crowds but still enjoy the scenic San Francisco skyline? Embark on Adventure Cat Sailing Charters or Bay Adventures' The Freda B for a magical night with prime views of the spectacular fireworks show on a special bay cruise. Other options include the Blue & Gold Fleet, Hornblower Cruises & Events, Red and White Fleet, San Francisco Bay Boat Cruises, Yacht Connections, ACSailing SF, Bay Voyager and Commodore Cruises. If you're looking for a little more action, City Kayak lets you paddle along the waterfront for stellar views. Whichever you choose, keep in mind that street closures may impact traffic. Save the hassle of getting there by taking public transportation, or stay at a hotel within walking distance.
- Le Meridien San Francisco: Centrally located in the Financial District, this luxurious hotel offers stunning skyline views and is just steps from the Embarcadero and cable car lines.
- Hotel Vitale: Overlooking San Francisco's scenic waterfront, this hotel is not only a short distance to the docks, but also offers a beautiful outdoor rooftop terrace making it a fantastic place to spend the Fourth of July weekend.
- Harbor Court Hotel: Situated right on the edge of the San Francisco Bay with views of the bay.
- Hyatt Regency San Francisco: Located just minutes from the Ferry Building and ferries, this hotel features guest rooms with stunning views of the San Francisco Bay and the iconic Bay Lights.
The best area to stay if you want to enjoy the sounds of music: Pacific Heights
Groove to the sounds of music at the Fillmore Jazz Festival, which show how jazz can embrace different musical genres with uplifting results. Nearby hotel: Stay at the Hotel Kabuki, located a few short blocks from the Fillmore Jazz Festival. It's the perfect place to stay and maximize your musical weekend. Find a hotel.
The best area to stay for barbecuing and grilling: Golden Gate Park
Miles of green lawns, paths, lakes and flowers are right in the heart of San Francisco, making Golden Gate Park the perfect place to get your grill on. Bring your own or use one of the public grills in the park. Because this will be a popular weekend, if you're looking to use one of the park's grills, it's recommended to reserve one six months prior by calling 415-831-5500. If you want to get an early start to barbecuing hamburgers and hot dogs, stay at the nearby Stanyan Park Hotel, Rodeway Inn & Suites Ocean Beach, Beach Motel or Oceanview Motel—all located just minutes from the park.