Everything You Need to Know About "Hamilton" at San Francisco's BroadwaySF
The award-winning hit Broadway musical "Hamilton" has returned to San Francisco at the BroadwaySF Orpheum Theatre for a limited run through Sept. 5, 2021. Winner of 11 Tony Awards®, including Best Musical, in 2016, Hamilton continues to be a smash success in New York, London, San Francisco, and in its touring productions.
"Hamilton" is the story of America's Founding Father Alexander Hamilton, an immigrant from the West Indies who became George Washington's right-hand man during the Revolutionary War and was the new nation’s first Treasury Secretary. Featuring a score that blends hip-hop, jazz, blues, rap, R&B, and Broadway, Hamilton is the story of America then, as told by America now.
With book, music and lyrics by Lin-Manuel Miranda, direction by Thomas Kail, choreography by Andy Blankenbuehler and musical supervision and orchestrations by Alex Lacamoire, "Hamilton" is based on Ron Chernow’s biography of Founding Father Alexander Hamilton.
"Hamilton" is playing through Sept. 5, 2021. Run time is 2 hours, 45 minutes, including one intermission.
Tickets can be purchased at BroadwaySF online, where you'll also find upcoming evening and matinee performances.
"Hamilton" tickets are currently available for all performances starting at $49. Some pro tips for securing tickets:
- Check for tickets for Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday shows, when midday availability tends to be greater.
- "Hamilton" has matinees on Wednesdays and also performs on select Sunday evenings.
- Check BroadwaySF's site frequently. New tickets are released daily for upcoming performances.
- Check in-person at the theater's box office for same-day opportunities.Last-minute tickets are usually available starting two hours prior to each show. The BroadwaySF Orpheum Theatre box-office is located at 1192 Market St.
- Enter the digital lottery. $10 tickets are available for every performance through the "Hamilton" app. Check the site for app download instructions.
- If attending with a group of 10 or more, you may have increased opportunities for ticket availability. Contact Group Sales to get started.
Note: "Hamilton" is recommended for ages 10+, since there is some mature content and language. Guests 15 and under must be accompanied by an adult attending the same performance, and no children under 5 are allowed.
BroadwaySF is the theatrical entertainment company behind two of San Francisco's premier venues, the Orpheum and Golden Gate theatres. Officially designated as a San Francisco Landmark in 1977 by the San Francisco Landmarks Preservation Advisory Board, the BroadwaySF Orpheum Theatre originally opened in 1926 with a façade patterned after a 12th Century French cathedral. Although this 2,200-seat theatre, located at the corner of Market and Eighth streets, saw an external rejuvenation in 2016, the original and historical integrity of the landmark prevails as the Orpheum continues to welcome audiences across the San Francisco Bay Area to current hits fresh from Broadway, original Broadway cast productions, pre-Broadway premieres, and more.