How to Best Experience the 2020 PGA Championship
The 2020 PGA Championship at Harding Park will take place without spectators from Aug. 3 to 9, 2020, and marks the first of three major PGA championship golf events coming to San Francisco over the next decade. Due to rescheduling, the 2020 PGA Championship will now be the first major championship in golf this year.
As one of the world’s premier sporting events, the PGA Championship perennially delivers the strongest and deepest international field in men’s major championship golf and is also synonymous with historic moments that resonate with golf fans everywhere. Over the course of the PGA Championship week, there are countless ways for you to experience world-class golf and enjoy your time at Harding Park and throughout San Francisco.
Here are some tips on how to fully experience this championship San Francisco event.
Schedule of Events
The PGA Championship is a week-long event, from Opening Day Monday, Aug. 3, 2020 to Championship Sunday, Aug. 9, 2020. A major championship week is always filled with fantastic memories.
- Monday, Aug. 3: Opening Day, including first player practice rounds.
- Tuesday, Aug. 4: Junior League Day and day two of practice rounds.
- Wednesday, Aug. 5: Host City Day and final practice round.
- Thursday, Aug. 6 - Saturday, Aug. 8: Championship Rounds 1-3. The entire field of challengers begin on Thursday and the final cut occurs after play on Friday, Aug. 7. The final field of players begin their move on Saturday.
- Sunday, Aug. 9: Championship Final Round.