San Francisco, Los Angeles, Palm Springs, Santa Barbara, Sonoma County and West Hollywood Pair Up with GayCities to Create “Match the Couple” Contest
Feb. 3, 2014 - Six of California’s most romantic destinations have created a contest called “Match the Couples” where contestants try to guess which same sex couple was married in which place – San Francisco, Los Angeles, Greater Palm Springs, Santa Barbara, Sonoma County or West Hollywood - for a chance to win one of five honeymoon trips.
The winning contestant, selected at random from all entrants, will fly to California with a guest for a six-night Grand Prize combining three nights and activities in Los Angeles, a trip north on Amtrak’s Coast Starlight train, followed by three nights and more fun in San Francisco.
Other prize packages to be awarded include the desert oasis of Greater Palm Springs, chic beaches of Santa Barbara, wineries of Sonoma County and the legendary nightlife of West Hollywood.
Contest entrants will be asked to match up a real couple with the destination where they were married. The contest goes live on partner GayCities.com on Feb. 3, 2014 and all details, information and contest rules are posted online at http://gaycities.com/promos/match-the-couples/. All entries must be completed by Feb. 28.
"Love and marriage equality are certainly in the air and GayCities is proud to be a partner in bringing the first interactive campaign featuring real, married couples in California. The program invites GayCities members from all over the world to fall in love with California by showcasing these romantic getaways," said Scott Gatz, founder and CEO, GayCities, Inc.
The grand prize package showcases the best of San Francisco and Los Angeles:
Los Angeles (presented by the Los Angeles Tourism and Convention Board, www.discoverlosangeles.com):
- Three night stay at the Hyatt Regency Century Plaza with access to Regency Club and Lounge
- Two VIP tickets to Outfest Opening Night Gala
- Two tickets to the Natural History Museum
- Two tickets to LACMA
- Two tickets to Perry’s Legends Beach Bike Tour
- Two tickets to Starline 72 Hop-On, Hop-Off Tour
The two cities will be linked by Amtrak’s legendary Coast Starlight train which is widely regarded as one of the most spectacular of all train routes.
San Francisco (presented by the San Francisco Travel Association, www.sanfrancisco.travel):
- Three-night stay at Mandarin Oriental, San Francisco
- A spa treatment for two at The Spa at Mandarin Oriental, San Francisco
- Two San Francisco CityPASS booklets with admission to five must-see cultural attractions
- Two PIER 39 Premiere Passes
- Dining at Oola Restaurant and Bar
- Bauer’s Intelligent Transportation from Amtrak station to your hotel
Runner-up prizes packages for two (one per city) include:
Greater Palm Springs (presented by the Greater Palm Springs Convention & Visitors Bureau, www.visitgreaterpalmsprings.com):
- Three night stay at the Viceroy Palm Springs in a Dorrington one-bedroom villa
- 60-minute couples massage at the Viceroy Spa
- Desert Adventures Eco Tours & Events gay icons of Palm Springs tour for two
- Two tickets to the Palm Springs Aerial Tramway
- Dinner for two at Wally’s Desert Turtle (up to $150)
Santa Barbara (presented by Visit Santa Barbara, www.santabarbaraca.com):
- Two night stay at The Upham Hotel
- Couples massage and cave session in a Himalayan Salt Cave at Salt
- $100 dining certificate at Louie’s California Bistro
- Brunch for two at El Encanto
- Eat This, Shoot That! Photo Tour for two
- Wine tasting for two with chocolate pairing at Grassini Family Vineyards Tasting Room
Sonoma County (presented by Sonoma County Tourism, www.sonomacounty.com):
- Two-night stay at Applewood Inn, Restaurant & Spa
- Up & Away Balloons flight for two
- Six-hour Sonoma Valley Wine Trolley Tour including lunch
- Two, one-day tasting passes to Wine Road wineries
- $100 dining gift card
West Hollywood (presented by Visit West Hollywood, www.visitwesthollywood.com:
- Three night stay at the Andaz West Hollywood
- Dinner for two at Chi Lin
- Couples massage
- Bikes & Hikes bicycle tour for two
# # #
The San Francisco Travel Association markets to LGBT visitors in concert with title sponsor GayCities, official sponsor American Express and community partner, the Golden Gate Business Association (GGBA), the country’s first LGBT Chamber of Commerce.
The San Francisco Travel Association is the official tourism marketing organization for the City and County of San Francisco. For information on reservations, packages, activities and more, visit www.sanfrancisco.travel or call 415-391-2000. For LGBT featured events and “Editors Picks,” visit the Gay Travel section of San Francisco Travel’s website
American Express® is the official Card partner of the San Francisco Travel Association.
San Francisco International Airport (SFO) offers non-stop flights to more than 31 international cities on 30 international carriers. The Bay Area's largest airport connects non-stop with 76 cities in the U.S. on 15 domestic airlines. SFO is proud to offer upgraded free Wi-Fi with no advertising. For up-to-the-minute departure and arrival information, airport maps and details on shopping, dining, cultural exhibitions, ground transportation and more, visit www.flysfo.com. Follow us on www.twitter.com/flysfo and www.facebook.com/flysfo.
# # #
Note to editors: For news and story ideas, follow @SFMediaRelation on Twitter. Photos and press releases are available at http://www.sanfrancisco.travel/media/.