The Best Ways to View @Large: Ai Weiwei on Alcatraz Before It Closes
Just to make certain you don’t miss this singular opportunity to see the @Large: Ai Weiwei on Alcatraz exhibition before it closes on April 26, 2015, we have a few tips for you on ticket purchases:
- The Ai Weiwei exhibition is free to individual and group purchasers with a purchase of a ferry ride to Alcatraz through Alcatraz Cruises.
- Early Bird tickets sell out early so make sure to buy your ticket a minimum of 5 days before the date you want to attend.
- The ferry will be departing from Pier 33 on the Embarcadero; using public transportation is recommended to avoid parking fees. The recommended boarding time is 30 minutes before your scheduled departure.
- There are 7 installations and a three-hour audio tour.
- One last tip, dress warmly! San Francisco can get a bit chilly during the early morning and late afternoon. And wear comfortable shoes. Alcatraz is laced with stairways and the walk from the dock to the main cell block is a fairly steep incline.
6 different ways to get your ticket for the (@)Large: Ai Weiwei on Alcatraz Exhibition
- Regular Price Ticket: $30 online at www.alcatrazcruises.com
- In Person: At the Alcatraz Landing Ticket office of Pier 33 on the Embarcadero
- By Phone: Alcatraz Ticketing Center at 415-981-ROCK (415-981-7625)
- Groups of 15 or More: Contact Alcatraz Cruises Group Services Department at 415-438-8361 or via email at [email protected]
- Early Bird Exhibition Access: Call Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy at 415-561-3021 or online at www.awwtickets.eventbrite.com
- Night Tours: Available online at www.alcatrazcruises.com. Click @Large Night Tours. Tickets are limited and prices may vary.